How to Never Pay for Overage Minutes on Your Cell Phone
I hesitate to post this here for fear of the major carriers taking away this neat little loophole. The key to it all is Google Voice. Google Voice is a web-based phone routing system.
Here is how it works:
1. Get a GMail account if you don’t already have one
2. Get a Google Voice account and phone number
3. Familiarize yourself and optimize your Google Voice settings
5. Tell all or some certain group of people you have a new number and give them your Google Voice number.
6. Make outbound calls through
Also, if you use the iPhone, Apple finally approved the official Google Voice app, which also runs on Blackberry and Android smartphone OS.